- This event has passed.
Kirtan College: A Weekend Chanting Immersion – Online
September 25 @ 8:00 pm - September 27 @ 5:00 pm
with David Newman “Durga Das”
SEPTEMBER 25 – 27, 2020
Open your heart with song and devotion at Kirtan College – Online. Deepen your understanding and practice of the rich tradition of Indian chanting and the Yoga of loving devotion. This in-depth online course is designed to help all people explore kirtan and Bhakti Yoga.
Join David for a weekend of celebration and learning that includes:
- Sanskrit mantra pronunciation and translation
- Methodology for practicing and leading kirtan
- Musical guidance and support
- Teachings and practices of the Bhakti Yoga tradition
- Storytelling of India’s ancient myths
This online workshop is designed to deepen your relationship with kirtan and help you gain more confidence in leading kirtan. This program is open to everyone. No musical background required.
Live sessions with David Newman “Durga Das” on
- Friday: 8–9:30 pm
- Saturday: 11:30 am–1:30 pm and 3–5 pm
- Sunday: 11:30 am–1:30 pm and 3–5 pm
All times in EDT
In addition, you will have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talk with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 9.5 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Approximate Cost: $ 195