- This event has passed.
LifeForce Yoga® to Manage Your Mood – Online
September 19 @ 10:30 am - September 20 @ 12:00 pm
with Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MFA, YACEP
SEPTEMBER 19 – 20, 2020
In this online LifeForce Yoga® workshop, learn the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what is no longer serving you—without a story attached! Join Amy Weintraub, author of the groundbreaking book Yoga for Depression, to guide you through evidence-based Yoga practices for managing your mood.
You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about incorporating new tools into your home, teaching, or clinical practice to bring balance to the emotional and physical body.
- Pranayama and kriya (breathing techniques) that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Sankalpa (affirmations)
- Bhavana (guided visualizations)
- Mantras (tones) that manage the emotions
- Mudras (hand gestures) that affect different areas of the chakra system and the body
- Yoga asana suitable for all levels
This program is accessible for all levels, including beginners. Health professionals and Yoga teachers will learn techniques not regularly taught in Yoga classes to help their clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings.
In this online workshop, you will have access to Live sessions with Amy Weintraub on Saturday at 10:30 am–12 pm and 2–3:30 pm and on Sunday at 10:30 am–12 pm EDT.
In addition, you will have access to two recorded Yoga classes with Amy—one for depressed mood and one for anxious mood—and a recorded Yoga Nidra with Amy for mood, as well as the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talk with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7.5 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Approximate Cost: $108