- This event has passed.
Prenatal Yoga Training: Embody a Luminous Pregnancy and Birth – Online
August 6, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - August 9, 2020 @ 12:30 pm
with Rev. Dr. Viviana Collazo, E-RYT 500, CPYT
AUGUST 6 – 9, 2020
For Yoga teachers and health professionals
In this online training, nurses, doulas, Yoga teachers, and other health care providers will learn how to facilitate Prenatal Yoga practices in their classrooms, communities, hospitals, or birthing centers. Learn breathing methods, adapted asana (poses), and relaxation techniques that come from the Yoga tradition. Add to your toolbox, mindfulness, and pain management approaches that can aid in the labor process.
Come learn how to administer Yoga, breathing techniques, and meditation to pregnant women to promote overall well-being and increase awareness.
- Create a nurturing space to practice Yoga safely by modifying asana according to the needs of each individual and trimester
- Alleviate common pregnancy discomforts through asana, breathwork, and relaxation techniques
- Cultivate mindful ways to express and release stress and to manage fears and pain while pregnant and during labor
- Develop the confidence and innate intuition to follow and support a holistic process of pregnancy and birthing
- Embody the spirituality, beauty, and transformation of pregnancy, birth, and motherhood
Yoga teachers will leave the program inspired, with tools to teach Prenatal Yoga classes and with confidence in how to modify asana for pregnant women during regular Yoga classes.
During this online training, you will have access to:
- Live sessions with Rev. Dr. Viviana Collazo
- Thursday 7–8:30 pm (EDT)
- Friday 2–4 pm and 5–7:30 pm
- Saturday 8–9:30 am, 10:30 am–12:30 pm, and 2–4 pm
- Sunday 8–9:30 am and 10:30 am–12:30 pm
- Integral Yoga Hatha videos and 5 pm Live Ashram Yoga classes
- Meditation videos
- Inspirational talk videos by Sri Swami Satchidananda
You will receive a complete manual and the Integral Yoga Hatha for Pregnant Women. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Recommended Reading (not required)
Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond, by Francoise Barbira Freedman.
Pregnancy Health Yoga: Your Essential Guide for Bump, Birth and Beyond, by Tara Lee and Mary Attwood.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 15 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Approximate Cost: $180 – $250