- This event has passed.
Yoga and Core Stability – Online
September 17 @ 6:00 pm - September 20 @ 12:00 pm
with Letícia Padmasri, M.A., E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, YACEP
SEPTEMBER 17 – 20, 2020
The body’s core gets a lot of attention, but what is it? And how can we move through Yoga asanas to improve our core stability and develop a pain-free Yoga practice?
In this online workshop, Padmasri will take you through a journey where you will study the anatomy of your core, explore effortless ways to carry your body, and also learn, through practices, how to develop all the components that build core stability.
Core stability creates fluid, strong, and relaxed Yoga practices and makes our daily life activities graceful and pain-free. The psoas muscle has an important role in this. A dysfunctional psoas muscle disrupts the core and skeleton integrity leading to low back pain, sacroiliac pain, scoliosis, hip degeneration, knee pain, and even menstruation and digestive problems. Such disruption impacts our ability to develop core stability.
In this online workshop, you will:
- Understand the role of the psoas muscle in core awareness and stability
- Learn tools to recover and maintain a healthy psoas muscle
- Learn practices for improved core stability
- Discover the connections between core stability and breathing
- Discuss sitting habits and explore seated asanas for improved meditation experiences
- Set the foundation for healthy and safe Yoga postures, breathing, and meditation practice
This online workshop is open to everybody: from Yoga therapists and Yoga teachers to individuals experiencing back pain.
Live sessions with Padmasri on Thursday and Friday at 6–8 pm, Saturday at 10 am–12 pm and 2–4 pm, and on Sunday at 10 am–12 pm EDT.
In addition, you will have access to a live class with Rukmini Ando focused on Core Awareness and Stability at 7:30–9 am on Saturday and with Zac Parker at 7:30–9 am on Sunday, the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talk with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 11.5 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Approximate Cost: $ 195 – $ 275