Yoga for Arthritis Teachers Intensive Level 1 – Online
November 2 @ 5:30 pm - December 7 @ 8:30 pm
with Steffany Moonaz, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, Ph.D.
NOVEMBER 2 – DECEMBER 7, 2020
For Yoga teachers and health professionals
In this online training, discover how to safely and effectively teach Yoga, with individually-tailored practices, to people with arthritis. This online teacher’s intensive training combines contemporary scientific rigor, Yoga philosophy, and heart.
Over 20% of US adults are living with arthritis, and 78 million people will be impacted by 2040. It is vital that Yoga professionals learn the tools and skills to work with this underserved and growing population.
You will learn:
- Arthritis basics, joint anatomy, and the Yoga for Arthritis protocol
- Asana adaptations for a limited range of motion and pain
- The effect of arthritis on all koshas and the mechanisms for Yoga’s impact
Yoga for Arthritis was developed by Dr. Moonaz based on her experience conducting clinical research with interdisciplinary medical teams at Johns Hopkins University, National Institutes of Health, and several New York City hospitals. Health professionals will learn skills to use in their scope of practice.
Live sessions with Steffany Moonaz on Mondays and Wednesdays* from 5:30–8:30 pm EDT.
* No class on November 25.
In addition, you will have access to the daily Ashram’s Live Yoga classes at 5 pm, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talk with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
This online course is approved for continuing education credits (CEUs) for Yoga teachers, Yoga therapists, social workers, and nurses. Other health professionals and individuals experiencing arthritis are welcome to attend the course, but will not receive the Yoga for Arthritis certification.
The pre-course reading will be emailed before the training.
After completing this Level 1 training online, Yoga teachers are qualified to teach the evidence-informed Yoga for Arthritis program that was developed using more than a decade of research by Dr. Steffany Moonaz.
You will be eligible to continue toward Yoga for Arthritis certification, which includes Level 2 mentorship and Level 3 training.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 30 contact hours,4 non-contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 34 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Yoga Therapy: This is one of the elective modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
Approximate Cost: $ 550 – $ 650