- This event has passed.
Yoga for Strong, Healthy Bones – Online
October 17 @ 9:00 am - October 18 @ 11:00 am
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
OCTOBER 17 – 18, 2020
Discover how Yoga asanas can help to build and maintain strong bones.
A 10-year study by Dr. Loren Fishman demonstrated an increase in bone mineral density and improved bone quality with regular practice of 12 Yoga poses. Yoga asanas also improve your balance, posture, strength, range of motion, and coordination, greatly reducing the risk of fracture.
This online workshop will include:
- Complete instruction in the 12 Yoga poses for osteoporosis
- Guidance in adapting the poses to your level
- Instructions on how to progress safely in the practice
- Guided relaxation for assimilating the benefits of the poses and reducing stress
- Guidelines for daily practice at home
Live sessions with Satya on Saturday at 9 am–12 pm and 2–4 pm and on Sunday at 9–11 am EDT.
In addition, you will have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talk with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Continued Support After the Program
To help maintain a regular home practice, you will have access to Satya’s:
- Video of a complete Hatha Yoga practice that includes the 12 osteo poses
- Video of the 12 osteo poses
- Video of a guided deep relaxation with pranayama
- Handouts of the 3 levels of each pose to download
- Personal guidance and support
This program provides practical tools and inspiration to give you the skills and confidence to continue a safe, effective Yoga practice for health and strength.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends, until December 13.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Approximate Cost: $ 108 – $ 145