Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief – Online
March 9 @ 7:00 pm - March 30 @ 9:00 pm
with Julie Lusk, E-RYT 500, M.Ed.
MARCH 9 – 30, 2021
Tuesdays: Mar. 9, 16, 23, and 30
In this online workshop, discover the essential principles, practices, and benefits of Yoga Nidra, or “yogic sleep”. Go far beyond deep relaxation to a place of natural peace and quiet that is tremendously healing for the body, mind, and spirit. Yoga Nidra reliably reveals and awakens your inner reservoir of intuitive understanding and unconditional joy.
You will learn progressive relaxation skills, specialized breathing techniques, guided imagery, mindfulness to easily create a deep meditative state, and unique skills for handling stress and tension.
Yoga Nidra is based on Yoga teachings and backed by contemporary science. Yoga Nidra is fundamental to a complete Hatha Yoga session and can also be done as a separate practice on its own. It is gratifying and exhilarating.
- Experience six amazing levels of relaxation to replenish your energy and activate creativity and intuition using pratyahara (sensory withdrawal)
- Clear out useless habits, bringing about positive and permanent changes in your personality and life by using sankalpa (self-selected resolve)
- Boost the immune system, regulate blood pressure, decrease pain, and improve other health conditions
- Regular practice can improve memory, concentration, and relieve anxiety and depression
- Feel truly refreshed: One hour of Yoga Nidra practice is equal to four hours of sleep
Live sessions with Julie on Tuesdays at 7–9 pm ET.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends, until May 25.
In addition, you will have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm ET and access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief by Julie Lusk. New Harbinger Publications, 2015.
Yoga Nidra Meditations: 24 Scripts for True Relaxation by Julie Lusk. Llewellyn, May 2021.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 8 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Approximate Cost: $125