Yoga2Sleep: Relax and Fall Asleep Naturally – Online
October 31 @ 10:00 am - November 1 @ 12:00 pm
with Pamela Stokes Eggleston, MBA, E-RYT-500, YACEP
OCTOBER 31 – NOVEMBER 1, 2020
In this online workshop, release stress, tension, and overwhelm with Yoga2Sleep, a Yoga therapy workshop designed to support a better quality of sleep. This workshop includes personal assessment, pranayama (breathing exercises), meditation, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, intention, and mindset. Yoga2Sleep uses scientific research, in combination with ancient, traditional yogic practices to help you achieve better sleep for the best life.
Sleep is an integral function of the parasympathetic (rest and digest) part of the nervous system. When we don’t get enough sleep, our bodies, brains, and emotions suffer. There is good evidence that cognitive and/or physiological excitement, associated with sustained sympathetic activation, is one of the underlying causes of insomnia.
A large body of evidence-based research supports Yoga therapy protocols that holistically address insomnia and sleeplessness. The multi-layered approach of Yoga therapy uses scientific research, in combination with ancient, traditional yogic practices.
This workshop includes:
- Distinctive combinations of educational and experiential sessions
- An exploration of the koshas and chakras as they pertain to sleep and insomnia
- Examining the gross and subtle aspects of the body, heart, and mind and the interplay with adequate sleep
- Tangible yogic tools to achieve better sleep
Live sessions with Pamela at 10 am–12 pm and 2–4 pm Saturday and 10 am–12 pm Sunday EDT.
You will also have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm and access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 6 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected]
Approximate Cost: $ 85 – $ 108
- October 31 @ 10:00 am
- November 1 @ 12:00 pm
- $ 85 – $ 108
- Event Categories:
- Programs, Workshop
- Event Tags:
- meditation, pranayama, relaxation, Restorative Yoga, sleep, stress relief, Yin Yoga, Yoga, Yoga Therapy
October 2 @ 5:00 pm - October 6 @ 12:00 pm
October 3 @ 10:00 am - October 4 @ 11:30 am