- This event has passed.
Yogic Science to Break Habits and Addictive Behavior – Online
September 25 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
with Mukta Kaur Khalsa, Ph.D.
SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
In this online workshop, discover practical techniques to heal from the effects of harmful substances and addictive behaviors through instructive and experiential training. A life of freedom, health, and autonomy is your birthright. Learn the science of addiction, including the effects of various substances on the brain, nervous system, and glandular system, and explore how to re-calibrate addictive patterning in the brain.
This dynamic online workshop provides a place for the profound personal transformation needed to live a life of increased awareness and deeper insight. Experience Kundalini Yoga (Yoga of awareness), breathwork, meditation (for mental self-control), nutritional therapeutic formulas, and detoxification recipes that support whole-body rehabilitation.
Course components include:
- Physiology and psychology of addictions and their development
- Recipes for detoxification and the rehabilitation process
- Therapeutic formulas and perspectives to combat cravings and to address physical breakdown and mental trauma
- Application of therapeutic techniques in clinical settings, private life, and as a teaching tool
- The addictive personality and exploitation of hope
- The SuperHealth system and yogic philosophy as it pertains to the pressures and stress of modern-day times
- Protocols for authenticity and heartfelt compassion
- Analysis of how to live your personal excellence
Live sessions with Mukta Kaur Khalsa on Friday 9 am–12:30 pm and 2–4 pm EDT.
In addition, you will have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talk with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
This online workshop is open to all those interested in their own personal healing process or seeking a renewed lifestyle.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 5.5 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
Approved for 5.5 CEUs for several healthcare professionals and their boards (IKYTA, Nurses–AHNA, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC & LEP’s–CAMFT, Addiction Counselors–NAADAC, Physical Therapists). Please inquire upon registration.
Approximate Cost: $ 125 – $ 175