Durga LeelaE-RYT 500
Durga Leela is a practical, down-to-earth, and to-the-point speaker who has worked on her own path of recovery. Trained in Ayurveda in both the U.S. and India, she is the director of the Ayurveda Programs at the Sivananda Yoga Farm in Grass Valey, CA, and a professional member and conference speaker for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) and International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). Durga has been interviewed for all Recovery 2.0 online conferences.
Basics of Ayurveda – Online
June 3&15 and Q&A on Aug. 11
For everyone, especially Yoga teachers, therapists, and health professionals
Basics of Yoga and Ayurveda & Online provides a holistic model of Yoga therapy based upon Ayurveda, the medical aspect of the Yoga tradition.
Modern practitioners have tried to create therapies based on Yoga, but, until now, these therapies have not included Ayurveda or were restricted to asana (postures) only. Such models are limited, as they do not reflect the complete Yoga tradition or the Ayurvedic components of Yoga philosophy and psychology.
Yoga and Ayurveda are sister sciences for healing and transformation throughout all levels of our being: Ayurveda focuses on the treatment (chikitsa) of the body and mind, while the goal of Yoga is self-development and realization.
Ayurveda is recognized as one of the most important systems of mind-body medicine, and its popularity is spreading in the west. This foundational online course will introduce you to Ayurvedic concepts and language.
Topics of study include:
- Philosophy of Ayurveda
- Fundamental Ayurvedic qualities of the universe: three gunas, five elements, three doshas, twenty qualities, five sub-doshas, and three subtle doshas: prana, tejas, and ojas
- Digestion (agni) and elimination (mala)
- Constitutional examination and mental nature
- The weekend workshop, Intro to Ayurveda & Online on June 3&6, 2021, is part of this course. If circumstances prevent you from taking the entire course, you have the option to register for the weekend workshop.
Live sessions with Durga Leela on:
- Weekdays (Mon.&Fri. except Wed. 6/9) at 6&9 pm
- Weekends (Sat. and Sun.) at 11:30 am&2:30 pm and 4&7 pm
- Q&A session/reunion on Wednesday, August 11 at 7&9 pm
- Sessions in eastern standard time (EST).
You will have access to the video recordings for 12 months after the program ends, until August 11, 2022.