Proper Use of the Integral Yoga® Name, Yantra, Logo, and Photograph of Sri Swami Satchidananda By Certified Integral Yoga® Teachers
Whenever we use the name Integral Yoga®. we are announcing an affiliation with Sri Swami Satchidananda and Integral Yoga® Ashrams, Institute, and Centers. People all over the world associate these names with the highest standards of Yoga, service and spiritual ecumenism.
The name “Integral Yoga®”, as well as the Integral Yoga® Yantra and Logo are registered service marks of Satchidananda Ashram-Yogaville and may only be used with permission of Satchidananda AshramYogaville. When used, they should have the registered mark, ®, included.
You are not authorized to use the Integral Yoga Yantra, Logo, or any photograph of Sri Swami Satchidananda on any of your advertising or promotional materials, letterhead or business cards, yoga products you may produce, or on your studio signs or window displays. However, you may have a photograph of Sri Gurudev or the Integral Yoga Yantra in your studio respectfully placed on an altar, bookcase, wall etc..
As a certified Integral Yoga instructor, you are granted a license to use the name “Integral Yoga” as long as your class or workshop follows the guidelines of Integral Yoga. Use of the name is licensed under the following conditions.
- You may use the name Integral Yoga’ to describe a class, seminar, or workshop that you are personally going to teach or lead, as long as the class follows the guidelines of Integral Yoga. For example, Devi may market her classes as “Integral Yoga classes with Devi, please call….” However, if, for example, Devi has also taken Yoga teacher training at other schools of Yoga and her class combines a combination of those trainings, she may- not market her classes as Integral Yoga with Devi. In this case, Devi may call her class something like Yoga with Devi. She may then mention that she has been certified by Integral Yoga.
- You may not use the name Integral Yoga in the title or subtitle when naming a product, such as a book, audiotape, or videotape. Using the name in the title creates the impression that the product was produced by Integral Yoga. You, may, however, refer to yourself as being certified by Integral Yoga. For example, if the title of his videotape is The Heart of Yoga with Hari. Hari may then refer to himself as a certified Integral Yoga instructor. Hari should NOT title his tape The Heart of Integral Yoga or The Heart of Yoga: Integral Yoga with Hari.
- When using the name Integral Yoga’. you must include the registered designation, ®, after the name. There is no space between the last letter in the word Yoga and the ®. The ® is superscripted.
- For a display advertisement, you should insert the line, Integral Yoga® is a registered Service Mark of Satchidananda Ashram – Yogaville. This would normally be inserted at the bottom of the ad in smaller print.
- When referring to Integral Yoga in an article, you should include the registered designation, ®, after the name the first few times that you refer to Integral Yoga. If the number of repetitions of Integral Yoga is great, you do not have to use the ® designation every time, but it should be very clear to the reader that the name is a registered service mark. When in doubt, use the ® designation.
- You may not use the name Integral Yoga® when naming your Yoga center or studio. Integral Yoga® Centers and Institutes have separate benefits, licenses, and affiliations. They are listed in our publications and may use the Yantra and Logo. If you would like more information on becoming an Integral Yoga® Center, please contact the Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) at 434-969- 3121, x159 or email [email protected].
- When in doubt, ask for permission. All situations are not as clear as the ones stated in the examples above. If you have any questions about the use of the name “Integral Yoga”, the Logo, the Yantra, or a photograph of Sri Gurudev, please contact the Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) at 434-969-3121, x159 or email at [email protected]
If you have questions or comments, please contact the IYTA Membership Coordinator at 434-969-3121 x177 or [email protected]