Healing Emotional Pain with Yoga – Online
May 1 @ 10:00 am - May 2 @ 12:00 pm
with Saeeda Hafiz, RYT 500
MAY 1 – 2, 2021
Whether you are suffering from a broken heart or a childhood trauma, Yoga can help heal emotional pain. During this online workshop, we will use Yoga to connect to the body’s cellular memory and continue the healing process. Your body has a story to tell and you can use Yoga asanas (poses) to help write a more joyful narrative. Explore how the body and mind process human experiences and emotions while using Yoga to begin thriving in the next chapter of your life.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn safe and love-filled exercises that will help you develop trust in yourself, others, and life
- Identify at least one major life event and discover where that experience may be stored in your body
- Practice Hatha Yoga using basic emotional and experiential anatomy with a focus on the upper, middle, and lower bodies
- Explore upper, middle, and lower body experiences with journal prompts and sharing
- Craft a historical-body narrative for yourself and create a loving, outlined space for a new chapter in your life
Live sessions with Saeeda on Saturday at 10 am–12 pm and 2–4 pm, and Sunday at 10 am–12 pm ET.
Participants will also be provided with a copy of Saeeda’s book, The Healing: One Woman’s Journey from Poverty to Inner Riches, at no additional cost.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends, until Jun. 27.
In addition, you will have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm ET, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talks with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 6 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Approximate Cost: $108